by Sherianne Kramer, PhD
Tips for researchers
- Know your market value and use it where appropriate.
- Be ethical. Always.
- Assess your clients’ needs in the context of their disciplines (academia, corporate, community, education, clinical)
- Be cognisant of costs – community work should not be charged in the way corporate work is
- It is always better to do your own analyses if you can
- Where possible, give research students opportunities to assist – this will help them develop and help you alleviate your workload
- Peer review is key – whether formal or informal, a second eye is always useful