SEPSA wishes to announce the following members who were co-opted to the Executive Committee of SEPSA during the AGM held at the PsySSA Congress:
- Prof Joseph Seabi
- Dr Gloria Marsay
- Ms Protasia Lilize Mweli
- Dr MP Noqamza
- Dr Tania Holz
Dr Elzette Fritz presented the following three workshops as part of MEISA:
- Fritz, E & Schouwink, F 2016. The journey from caterpillar to butterfly. A creative expressive arts workshop towards transformation. Presented 8 July 2016 at Saheti, Johannesburg.
- Fritz, E 2016. Ego State Therapy Beginners Level 2 Training – 5 day Workshop. 30-31 August, 1-3 September 2016. Leeuwenhof Akademie, Johannesburg.
- Fritz, E 2016. Utilising the wisdom of parts presented in The Lion King. Specialisation workshop – Ego State Therapy Intensive, 19 October 2016, Mabula.
Dr Martin Strous participated in two panel debates at the PsySSA Congress 21-23 September 2016:
- A plenary debate, South African Psychology’s Response/ability: Crisis or Catharsis?
- A divisional roundtable, The state of Educational Psychology in the new South Africa
SEPSA is planning an Introduction to Neuropsychology course on Friday is for 11 & 12 February 2017. The course will be presented by Eleanor Bubb. Further details will follow.
In the light of the recent refusal by Medical Aid Societies not to pay for the services rendered by Educational Psychologists and other issues confronting educational psychologists, SEPSA drafted a letter to the Executive council of PsySSA requesting a meeting. Members will be apprised of the outcome of the meeting.