PsySSA Congress 2018, with the theme Mamela Psychology – Listen with Humility… Act with Integrity, will be taking place from 11 – 14 September, 2018, at Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa. Visit http://www.psyssa.com/psyssa-congress/psyssa-congress-2018/ for more information and to register.
The DRM would like to invite you to join us at the PsySSA Congress for a Roundtable Discussion on the way that ‘Research Shapes the Psychologists’ Career Trajectory’ and a symposium focused on ‘Exploring the Value of Systematic Reviews in Psychology’. Systematic reviews are reviews of the literature, conducted with a pre-specified research question that uses explicit methods to identify, select and critically appraise relevant research that are contained within a pre-specified protocol. They aim is to synthesise the retrieved information by means of meta-analysis. Alternatively, a literature review is a descriptive study or analytical summary of existing material related to an area of study. Systematic reviews are frequently used for clinical evidence-based practice and decision-making and can be used for answering social psychological questions. Currently, there are 14 types of reviews documented, and this symposium aims to provide case study examples of reviews and systematic reviews in psychology. The symposium will introduce the types of reviews and methods, provide case study examples from psychology students and researchers, and conclude with a discussion on the value and place of systematic reviews in psychology.
- 16th World Congress, World Association for Infant Mental Health (WAIMH) is taking place from May 26 – 30, 2018 in Rome, Italy. The theme of the conference is New Challenges for a 3rdMillennium Infant Mental Health. WAIMH connects infant mental health specialists and professionals working within infant well-being. Visit http://www.waimh2018.org/ for more information and to register.
- APS 2018 is hosting the 30th Annual Convention of the Association for Psychological Science (APS) taking place from 24 – 27 May, 2018 in San Francisco, CA, USA. The APS Convention will bring together more than 4,000 scientists from disciplines spanning the full spectrum of psychological science, allowing attendees to gain insights into research and trends from world-renowned psychological scientists. See here for more information: https://www.psychologicalscience.org/conventions/annual
- Measuring Behavior 2018 is hosting the 11th International Conference on Methods and Techniques in Behavioural Research from 6 – 8 June, 2018 in Manchester, United Kingdom. Manchester Metropolitan University will be the stage for the latest inventions, prototypes, and techniques in behavioural research. To register and for more information, go to http://www.measuringbehavior.org/
- The Tilburg Conference on Methods and Culture in Psychology will be held at Tilburg University, on 15 June, 2018. The purpose of the conference is that Fons van de Vijver (President of IACCP, past-President of EAPA) will be retiring this year from Tilburg University, the Netherlands. As a scientific farewell to him and to honour his contributions to the academic community, there will be a one-day conference that will include keynotes, symposia, individual paper presentations, and a farewell dinner. For more information, visit https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/current/events/show/event-social-psychology-methods-and-culture-june-2018/
- ICAP 2018 is hosting the 29th International Congress of Applied Psychology from June 26 – 30, 2018 in Montreal, Canada. The theme of the conference is Psychology: Connecting Science to Solutions. The CPA’s annual convention unites almost 2,000 psychologists and psychology students in workshops, presentations and posters that span over 33 subject areas of psychology. To register or find out more, visit http://www.icap2018.com/
- The 11th International Test Commission Conference will be held from 2 – 5 July in Montreal, Canada. The theme of the conference gives a nod to the Montreal Jazz Festival (June 28 – July 2nd). Jazz music inspired a thematic focus on best practices, quality of instruments, cultural influence, and creativity through innovation. This thematic focus can be deployed in a variety of application fields such as psychology, education, workplace or health care. The topic of testing will be organised around the following four sub-themes: Best practices in testing and assessment; instruments and their validity; challenges, innovation and advances in technology; and effectiveness and efficiency including application in multicultural environments. See https://www.itc-conference.com/ for more information.